Heather is a first year BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing Student, who packs a lot into her day. Aside from her studies, attending lectures and work in a hospital on placement, she makes the time to swim for an hour and a half each morning, cycle for two hours and run for an hour on most days.
Heather has been selected to represent Team GB in the Baku European Games in June this year, which is also known as the European Olympics.
How did you get into the Triathlon?
“I originally studied PE at Leeds Met, which is where I developed an interest in Triathlon and started about four years ago. I wanted to do something different and a friend who did triathlon suggested it. I’d always swum and swam the channel at 18 to raise £20,000 for a leukaemia charity and so I started working on my running and cycling and I’m improving all the time.”
Heather’s Major Results
- 3rd ETU Portugal 2015
- 11th – Alanya ITU World Cup women’s elites 2014
- 6th – ETU Banyoles European Cup 2014
- 12th – ETU Geneva European Cup 2014
- 6th – ETU Holten Premier European Championship 2014
- 2nd – Brasillia FISU World University Champs elite women
- 1st – Alanya ETU European Championships
- 2nd – Barfoot and Thompson World Grand Final Auckland
Follow Heather on Twitter @heathersellars.