Adam has been competing at national level in athletics and swimming from a very young age. Having represented Great Britain and England at cross country and on the track and road Adam also has also swam for his county.
Adam specialised in the 3k steeplechase and was the British National Champion and Olympic trials winner in 2008 and was 9th in the 3k steeplechase in the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
Knowing that the steeplechase is globally dominated by the Kenyans, Adam was seeking a new challenge to become successful on the world stage when he decided to move to triathlon in 2008 becoming a world class triathlete.
Adam was invited to join the World Class Performance Programme in 2010 – and trains full time in Loughborough, he had a breakthrough race in September 2011 with 7th in the World Championship Series Yokohama.
Adam is also a qualified swimming teacher and is confident that he has the skills and passion to help inspire the younger generation to become involved in sport. Adam is part of the UK Sport Lottery Funded British Triathlon Olympic Academy Squad.
Adam’s Major Results
- 12th Rio Olympic test event
- 1st Jenson Button Trust Triathlon
- 7th – WTS Yokohama 2015
- 2nd – British Duathlon Championships 2015
- 20th – 1st round WTS Abu Dhabi 2015
- 12th – ITU World Triathlon Grand Final London
- 22nd – ITU World Triathlon Hamburg
- 7th – ITU World Triathlon Chicago
- 17th – ITU World Triathlon London
- 9th – ITU World Triathlon Yokohama
- 2nd – GBR Duathlon National Champs